Sunday, March 1, 2009

Economy Crashing Down and Recession

All the economic data from Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, US and EU countries showed drastic drop in GDP for Q4 2008. Yes, there's no denying that we're already in a recession.

Many economists think that we'll recover soon - this present economic recession is just part of normal boom and bust economic cycle. But I do not see it that way. I predict that this economic recession will be longer, much longer. It won't be a year, but we could be talking about 5 years of negative or no growth. The toxic financial debt in the world is much worst than disclosed and recognized. Basically, there's no turning back now. We'll only recover if there's a serious changes in our economic way of doing things, which I doubt will happen any time soon.

Unfortunately, I'm in the ERP business. I have invested much in my the business and unable to pull out now. I even sold my BMW mid last year to fund my ERP business. What can I do now? I can't tell my business partner that I want to pull out. I can't tell Epicor that I can't see any future in the ERP market, especially the manufacturing industry is like falling off a cliff now. I can't tell my staff that I don't have confidence in the ERP industry.

I'll just have to pretend things will be better, although I know it is not.