Monday, March 2, 2009

NTU student stabbed Professor

Although Singapore has always a "good" reputation for their "high" education standard, I always have my doubt. I have previously employed a few graduates from Singapore and they all turned out to be lemons.

When I saw the news that NTU in Singapore joined other universities in US where killing is becomes the "norm", I'm not surprised at all. It bounds to happen - it's a time bomb in Singapore universities with all the crazy pressure.

The education system in Singapore is too rigid, focused too heavily on academic performance and lacking in creativity amongst others. The extreme pressure on the students has only manage to create what I call walking zombies.

In my present job as the GM of an ERP firm, I have to deal with Singaporeans, who are the software principal, on a daily basis. And I sometimes wonder if one day these people will "explode" and I be the victim?? Touch wood, no....